Go Insurance has once again emerged victorious, securing the prestigious Canstar Award for the second consecutive year in the “Outstanding Value Award — Cruise” Travel Insurance category. See why we keep winning awards for our products HERE.
Australia’s flourishing cruise industry sees nearly a million passengers annually setting sail for diverse destinations worldwide, from the enchanting South Pacific and vibrant Asia to the pristine coasts of North America, the Caribbean Islands, Europe, Antarctica, and even within the scenic waters of Australia.
Cruising offers a myriad of advantages:
- Global Exploration: Explore every corner of the world hassle-free, as you only need to unpack once, allowing you to maximise your time enjoying the ship’s amenities or venturing out on exciting day trips.
- All-Inclusive Experience: Many cruises include meals, activities, and entertainment, making it easier to manage your budget and enhancing your overall vacation experience.
However, it’s crucial to recognise the potential risks associated with cruising, especially if you have pre-existing medical conditions. Ensuring proper coverage for your cruise holiday is essential. Consider the following key factors when selecting travel insurance for your cruise:
- Medical Considerations: Medicare entitlements may not apply onboard, and the cruise company is not obligated to have Medicare-registered practitioners. In case of illness or injury, treatment costs will be added to your account for settlement before the end of the cruise.
- Urgent Medical Treatment: If urgent medical treatment is required and cannot be provided onboard, evacuation to a conventional hospital may be necessary, potentially in a foreign location incurring additional medical costs.
- Evacuation Challenges: In the event of serious illness far from land, evacuation by helicopter may not be possible, and cruise ships cannot accommodate plane landings, posing a significant risk.
- Flight Delays: If your flights are delayed and you miss the cruise departure, travel insurance may cover additional travel costs to join the cruise at the next port.
So, what’s covered under our Cruise Extension?
If you or your travelling companion become sick or adverse weather prevents you from partaking in booked excursions along the way, we will compensate you for the loss.
Missed shore visit
We understand that sometimes there are cruise timetable restrictions, or adverse weather can change plans to dock at certain ports of call. If this happens, we will provide a cash benefit for stops missed.
The last thing you want to happen on your holiday is to be confined to your room and quarantined by the ship’s doctor. We’ll supply a cash benefit for each day you spend cabin confined.
Emergency formal attire
If disaster strikes, we will pay for replacement, repair or hire costs if your formal attire is lost, damaged or stolen.
Experience the diversity of a cruise holiday with confidence. Go Insurance is committed to providing detailed cruise insurance options tailored to your budget and itinerary, ensuring you cruise worry-free.
Click on the link below to review the Product Disclosure Statement for full terms and conditions applicable to our Cruise extension.
And did we mention we won the Canstar award for Outstanding Value for a travel insurance cruise product – twice!